Introducing New NutriKey Liquid Multi
By Elizabeth Leppart, MS, LN
July 6, 2021
Have you ever debated if you would benefit from taking a multivitamin? Perhaps you’ve heard multivitamins are just a waste of money. Or perhaps you’ve felt overwhelmed when trying to choose a good multivitamin that’s right for you. We at Nutritional Weight & Wellness believe there is no better way to get nutrients than from eating REAL FOOD.
However, even if you eat a well-balanced diet, you’re not guaranteed to get all the nutrients you need from food alone. That’s where a good quality multivitamin comes in. (And yes, quality matters!) Here are some things to consider if you’re wondering if a multivitamin is worthy of being added to your supplement regimen:
- We recommend consuming 5-9 cups of vegetables per day. This amount can feel like a challenge when starting to eat real food. If you’re falling short of this, you might not be getting all the nutrients your body needs to thrive.
- Because of an animal’s diet and environment, conventionally raised meat, fish, and eggs lack the nutrients their grass fed, wild-caught, and pasture raised counterparts contain.
- Stress and toxin exposure from the environment can deplete nutrients. Unfortunately this is an unavoidable part of modern life!
- Produce isn’t as nutrient-rich as it was generations ago because the soil has become nutrient-depleted from industrial farming.
- Eating too many processed foods, especially sugar and flour, can deplete nutrients from your body. Processed food actually requires MORE nutrients for our bodies to break them down!
- Absorption of certain nutrients are blocked by common substances like caffeine, alcohol, and medications.
- Of course kids with growing bodies benefit from extra vitamins and minerals, but did you know even as we age our nutrient requirements inevitably increase?
The good news is there ARE quality multivitamins out there to combat these issues and to bridge the nutritional gap. We created our new NutriKey Liquid Multi for this very purpose: to support your immune system and your overall well-being, energy, and vitality. This particular product was made with the whole family in mind and it is on sale this month!
What makes our NutriKey Liquid Multi stand out from others?
- It blends 11 major vitamins, six trace minerals, five essential elements, and a bonus special digestive health blend.
- It is suitable for both children and adults. You can keep just one bottle at home for the whole family!
- It contains a highly absorbable form of B12 and folate, which are critical for many functions in the body, including nerve function, energy support, and even maintaining healthy DNA!
- With its delicious tropical flavor, it can be taken on its own or added to a beverage or smoothie.
- It is sweetened with stevia rather than other artificial sweeteners or sugar alcohols.
What key ingredients are in it?
- Vitamin B-12: A natural form of Vitamin B-12 which supports energy metabolism and production and contributes to nervous system health.
- Vitamin C: An essential nutrient required by the body for collagen production which also provides antioxidant and immune support.
- Vitamin D3: A fat-soluble vitamin that supports immune health and also supports bone health by assisting with calcium absorption.
- Calcium: A major mineral which supports strong bones and teeth.
- Magnesium: An essential mineral which assists with calcium absorption and muscle relaxation.
Why choose a liquid supplement over a capsule?
One advantage of taking a liquid multivitamin over capsules is you can control the dose. This makes it suitable for all ages, one year and above. It’s also a great option for those who prefer not to swallow capsules.
Liquid Multi Dosing Recommendations:
Our nutritionists suggest supplementing with 1 tablespoon per day for all ages over one year. For kids under 3 years of age, you can start slower with 1 tsp for 1-2 year-olds and 2 tsp for 3-year-olds.
If adding a multivitamin is the right next step for you and your health, give NutriKey Liquid Multi a try and let us know your thoughts. Of course, everyone has their own individual nutrient needs and our licensed nutritionists and dietitians can help you figure out the right real food plan and supplement support for you in a one-on-one appointment (via phone or Zoom).
For more information, please check out these resources:
- Listen: Foods to Help Kids Focus for getting those kiddos the best nutrition
- Learn: Virtual Cooking Demonstration Classes to get the most nutrients out of your food
- Read: What to Look for in a Multivitamin and What to Avoid for more thoughts on how to choose
- Read: Reduce Stress with Twice-Per-Day Multivitamin, our favorite capsule multi