Mother's Day Brownies
May 9, 2017
The countdown to Mother’s Day is on and we’re looking forward to celebrating the special women in our lives. One way we’ll be celebrating is by baking these gluten-free and dairy-free black bean brownies. We’ve been taste-testing variations of this recipe for the past week and can attest that this final one is delicious! Wondering about the black beans? Don’t be scared off; they create a perfect brownie consistency with no bean taste.
Makes 12-16 servings | Gluten and dairy free
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup dark or semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 3 eggs
- 1 can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Optional: 1/4 cup chocolate chips and 1/4 cup chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 350
- Grease an 8X8 or 9X9 baking dish
- Melt the coconut oil and chocolate chips together.
- Combine the melted coconut oil and remaining ingredients together in a blender.
- Puree until smooth.
- If you want to, stir in or sprinkle the optional chocolate chips and nuts into the batter.
- Pour into the prepared baking dish and bake for 35-40 minutes or until set.
- Cool completely before serving.
- Top with whipped cream.
If cut to serve 12 there are 15 carbs and 3.5 grams fiber per serving and if cut to serve 16 there are 11 carbs and 2.5 grams fiber per serving.