Sheet Pan Autumn Chicken with Squash and Apples
Makes 4 servings | Gluten free and dairy free
1 Tbsp ground cumin
1 Tbsp salt
1 Tbsp black pepper
1 rosemary sprig, stemmed and finely chopped
1 large onion, chopped into large pieces
1 small delicata squash (about 1 pound) halved lengthwise, seeded and cut in 1/4" half moons
1 medium crisp, tart apple, thickly sliced
2 Tbsp avocado oil
1 Tbsp maple syrup
8 skin-on, bone-in chicken thighs (about 2 pounds)
- Position rack in upper third of oven and preheat to 425°F.
- Mix cumin, salt, pepper, and rosemary in a small bowl, set aside.
- Toss the onion, squash, and apple with oil, maple syrup and half of spice mixture on an 8x13 rimmed baking sheet in a single layer.
- Rub chicken thighs with remaining spice mixture and arrange skin side up, on top of fruit and vegetables. Roast until skin is browned and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of chicken registers 165°F, about 35 minutes; if chicken skin or vegetables start to burn, move pan to a lower rack to finish cooking.
- Divide chicken, fruit, and vegetables among 4 plates and serve.
Visit this recipes' corresponding blog post for more delicious ideas and meals.