Marinated Vegetable Kabobs Recipe
Makes 4 servings | Gluten free and dairy free
4-6 c. vegetables (mushrooms, bell peppers, cherry tomatoes, zucchini, onions)
1 c. olive oil
½ c. balsamic or red wine vinegar
1 tsp dijon mustard
2 cloves garlic
- Cut veggies into equally sized 1-2" chunks.
- Combine step 2 ingredients in a food processor to make a marinade, or if you don’t have a food processor chop garlic separately and whisk together with the other ingredients. Feel free to throw in some extra herbs from your garden.
- Pour marinade over veggies, or for better coverage, place veggies in a plastic bag and toss well with marinade. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- During the last 30 minutes of marinating time, soak the skewers in water to prevent them from catching fire on the grill. When the veggies have finished marinating, remove from teh marinade and assemble the skewers. Have fun with this - now would be a great time to get the kids in the kitchen!
- Place veggie skewers on the grill and cook for about 10-15 minutes. Charring veggies does not produce the same toxic chemicals as charred meat, so feel free to give the veggies a light char if you wish.