Pizza Pocket Muffin Recipe
Makes 20 servings | Gluten free
1 c. almond flour
2 Tbsp flax meal
¼ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt
1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
6 oz. nitrate-free Italian sausage (rolled into 20 small meatballs)
organic pizza sauce for dipping
1 c. hard parmesan cheese (if not dairy sensitive)
- In a food processor, combine almond flour, flax meal, baking soda and salt.
- Pulse in vinegar and egg.
- Transfer batter 1 Tbsp at a time to a paper-lined mini muffin pan.
- Place one meatball into each muffin.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes (last 5 minutes, sprinkle each muffin with 2 tsp parmesan cheese).
- Cool for 15 minutes. Test the first muffin to make sure the meatball is fully cooked before serving.
- Serve with sugar-free pizza sauce for dipping.