Baked Beans Recipe
Makes 10 to 12 1/3 cup servings | Gluten free and dairy free
- 2 cans Great Northern (White) Beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ lb. bacon, cooked and chopped into small pieces
- 1 small onion diced, about ½ - ¾ cup
- 2 Tbs tomato paste
- 3 Tbs maple Syrup
- 1 Tbs Molasses
- 1 Tbs mustard
- ¼ tsp cumin
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 2 cups water or broth
- 1-2 Tbs apple cider vinegar
- Combine all ingredients except the apple cider vinegar in a greased crock pot.
- Cook on low 4 hours or until sauce thickens.
- Stir in 1 Tbs apple cider vinegar, taste. Add more vinegar, salt, pepper, to your liking.