Family Fun "Sushi" Roll-Ups
Makes 4 servings | Gluten free and dairy free
2 large firm cucumbers
6-10 cooked chicken or salmon strips, thinly sliced
8 cooked shrimp
½ avocado or 1 c. guacamole
2 Tbsp mayonnaise
2 tsp sriracha
1 stalk green onion or matchstick carrots
- Take a sharp vegetable peeler and slice cucumber into long, thin strips. Coat each strip with guacamole (or cream cheese if you aren't dairy sensitive).
- Layer your ingredients of choice to make your roll (chicken, salmon or shrimp plus vegetables).
- Take the end of the cucumber and start rolling it onto itself. Keep the roll tightly wrapped. (Note it won't be as tight as sushi because we don't use sticky rice.)
- When you're almost done rolling and have about 2 inches left of cucumber, spread some spicy mayonnaise on the cucumber and finish the roll. The mayo will act like glue to keep the cucumber sealed. To make the spicy mayo, simple combine the 2 Tbsp of mayonnaise with the 2 tsp Sriracha.
- You should have 6-8 pieces of sushi per roll.
- Take either some green onions or carrot sticks and sprinkle over the pieces, and lots of spicy mayo if interested.
- Enjoy! These are a tad messy, but that seems to make kiddos enjoy them even more and eat some veggies in the process. Win, win!