Greek Style Lamb Stew Recipe
Makes 8 servings as a meal | Gluten free and dairy free
2½ lbs. lamb, cut into bite-size cubes
4 T. olive oil
1 c. red onion, sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp. salt
½ tsp. black pepper
½ c. dry white wine
2 c. carrots, cut into bite-size pieces
¾ - 1 lb. baby spinach
½ - ¾ c. fresh dill or parsley, chopped
1 can artichokes, drained
½ c. olives, sliced
2 eggs, beaten
Juice of 2 lemons
- Brown meat in olive oil.
- Add onions to meat and sauté until golden. Stir in garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Add wine and enough water to cover meat. Bring to a boil and simmer covered for 1 hour or until meat is tender.
- Add carrots to meat after it has cooked for about 30 minutes.
- Add spinach and herbs to lamb. Once spinach wilts, add artichoke hearts and olives.
- Add lemon to eggs and mix. Take a ladle of hot juice from the pot and add it to the egg mixture. Quickly pour mix into pot. Stir and remove from heat. This will thicken and flavor the stew.