Grilled Steak with Chimichurri Sauce Recipe
Makes 4 servings | Gluten free and dairy free
2 pounds grass-fed skirt or flank steak
1 c. olive oil
½ c. balsamic or red wine vinegar
1 tsp dijon mustard
2 cloves garlic
1 c. firmly packed parsley
3 garlic cloves
½ c. olive oil
2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine step 2 ingredients in a food processor, or if you don’t have a food processor chop garlic separately and whisk together with the other ingredients. Feel free to throw in some extra herbs from your garden.
- Place meat in glass dish or plastic bag and cover with half the marinade (save the remainder for the vegetable kabobs). Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- While the steak marinates, prepare the chimichurri sauce by combining all ingredients in step 3 in a food processor or whisk by hand.
- After the steaks have sufficiently marinated it’s time to grill. Depending on the thickness of the cut, grill steaks for 2-3 minutes per side for medium-rare. Cook a few minutes longer for medium or medium-well keeping in mind that you don’t want to overcook grass-fed meat, be careful to not char the meat.
- When meat is done to your liking, cover and let rest for 15 minutes. This allows the meat to reabsorb its juices and also gives you a perfect amount of time to grill the vegetable kabobs.
- When ready to serve, cut steaks into 4-ounce servings and top each with one tablespoon of the chimchurri sauce. Save the extra sauce for a future meal. It tastes great on top of almost every protein.