Homemade Mayonnaise Recipe
Makes 12 servings | Gluten free and dairy free
1 large egg yolk (at room temp)
½ tsp mustard, dry or prepared (optional)
½-1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
¼ tsp salt
¾ c. expeller-pressed oil (safflower or avocado oil)
Salt and white pepper to taste (optional)
- Beat egg yolk in a large bowl for 1 minute onlow speed using a blender or hand-held mixer until it is thick.
- Add the mustard, vinegar, and salt and beat for another 30 seconds.
- Slowly drizzle oil into the egg mixture with the blender/beater on high. This will take several minutes. Do not stop blending or beating until the mixture thickens.
- Taste your mayonnaise and season with extra salt, pepper and vinegar as desired.
- Store in a glass jar in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks.