Book an Appointment!
Call 651-699-3438 to book a nutrition counseling appointment. Our nutrition counselors take a personalized approach to help you achieve your goals.
Makes 6 servings as a meal or 12 snack-sized portions | Gluten free
1 tsp olive oil
1 ½ pounds ground beef or bison
2 tsp olive oil
1 ½ c. carrots (diced)
1 ½ c. yellow onion (diced)
1 c. celery (diced)
6 oz. mushrooms (sliced)
2 cloves garlic (minced)
1 Tbsp tomato paste
1 tsp dried thyme
salt and pepper to taste
½ c. water or beef broth (preservative free)
1 small cauliflower, cut into 1" pieces
3 small yellow potatoes, peeled and quartered
3 Tbsp heavy cream or coconut milk
1 ½ Tbsp butter
salt to taste
1. 1 small cauliflower, cut into 1" pieces 3 small yellow potatoes, peeled and quartered 3 Tbsp heavy cream or coconut milk 1 ½ Tbsp butter salt to taste.
2. In the same pan, add oil and sauté vegetables for 5 -7 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for one minute more.
3. Stir into vegetables and cook until tomato paste is fragrant; 2 to 3 minutes.
4. Add broth and scrape up the brown bits from the pan.
5. Return cooked meat to the vegetables and simmer for 5 minutes. Put mixture in a buttered 9" x 9" baking dish.
6. In a large, covered saucepan, cook cauliflower and potato in salted water until very soft, drain and mash together. Add cream or coconut milk, butter and salt to mixture. Spread over meat and vegetables. Bake at 350º for 25-35 minutes.
Find this recipe, and a hundred more delicious ideas, in our cookbook The Weight & Wellness Way Cookbook & Nutrition Guide.