Book an Appointment!
Call 651-699-3438 to book a nutrition counseling appointment. Our nutrition counselors take a personalized approach to help you achieve your goals.
Makes 6 servings as a meal or 12 snack-sized portions | Gluten free
2 lbs. ground beef or bison
1 tsp. coconut oil
2 c. carrots, diced
2 c. onion, diced
1 c. celery, diced
8 oz. mushrooms, sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp. olive oil
1 T. tomato paste
1 tsp. dried thyme
Salt and pepper to taste
½ c. chicken broth (preservative free) or water
1 medium cauliflower head
4 small potatoes
4 T. heavy cream
2 T. butter
salt to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Brown meat with olive oil in a frying pan and transfer to a 13 by 9 baking dish.
2. Sauté all ingredients for about 7 minutes.
3. Stir ingredients into vegetable mixture and cook for about 2 minutes.
4. Add broth to vegetables and bring to a boil. Add cooked meat, from step 1, to the vegetables and simmer for 5 minutes. Return entire mixture to baking dish.
5. Cook cauliflower and potato until soft and whip together. Add cream, butter, and salt to whipped mixture. Spread topping mixture over meat and vegetables.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
Find this recipe, and a hundred more delicious ideas, in our cookbook The Weight & Wellness Way Cookbook & Nutrition Guide.