Protein Cookie Dough Bites Recipe
Makes 6 servings | Gluten free and dairy free
1 15 oz can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
¼ c. Wellness Whey vanilla protein powder (or Dynamic Paleo for dairy free)
2 Tbsp sun butter or natural peanut butter
1 Tbsp coconut sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/8 tsp sea salt
2 Tbsp dairy-free dark chocolate chips or dried cherries
- Add chickpeas to a large food processor and process until smooth. Use a rubber spatula to scrape down the sides.
- Add remaining ingredients and process until a ball of dough forms.
- Use a rubber spatula to separate the dough a bit, add chocolate chips OR cherries and pulse 2-3 times or until chocolate chips get dispersed in the dough.
- For cookie dough balls: roll the dough (about two tablespoon size) into balls. These can also be dipped in melted dark chocolate for more of a truffle experience.
- Store any leftover dough in the fridge for up to 3-4 days.