4 Popsicle Recipes to Try This Summer
By Nikki Doering, RD, LD
July 28, 2020
Hot days can lead you to wander to the freezer for something to cool you down. Instead of sugar overload with ice cream or store-bought popsicles, opt for making your own this summer. It couldn’t be easier! Think of it as making a delicious smoothie, then freezing it in molds to enjoy later. A huge bonus is that anything on a stick is guaranteed to get your kiddos’ attention. They don’t have to know that all of these recipes have healthy fats for balanced brains and satisfied tummies (fat keeps our body feeling full longer). Or that some even have veggies (by way of the tasty Key Greens & Fruits powders that packs a punch with the antioxidant power of 20+ servings of fruits & vegetables!) hidden in there as well. Trust us, you can’t even taste them.
For all the recipes below, simply mix ingredients together in a blender and pour into popsicle molds or Dixie cups with a popsicle stick for a handle. Freeze until solid, usually three hours or so depending on size of molds. Feel free to double or triple recipes for bigger batches.
Last step, and this is important, ENJOY!
- 1 ripe banana
- 5-6 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 scoop vanilla (or chocolate!) Wellness Whey Protein
- 1 ½ c. canned full-fat coconut milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
Peaches and Cream Popsicles
- 3 ripe peaches, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 scoop vanilla Wellness Whey Protein
- ¼ cup canned coconut milk or heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
Pink Lemonade Popsicles
- 2 scoops Pink Lemonade Key Greens & Fruits
- Squeeze of fresh lemon
- Enough water to fill molds
Creamy Blackberry Frozen Pops
- ½ c. heavy cream (or ½ full-fat canned coconut milk)
- ½ frozen blackberries or mixed berries
- 1 scoop Blackberry-Tangerine Key Greens & Fruits