Crispy Nuts Recipe
Adapted from Nourishing Traditions, by Sally Fallon and Mary Enig, Ph.D.
Posted with permission | Makes 4 cups
4 cups of any of the following types of nuts:
- Walnut halves and pieces, preferably fresh shelled
- Raw peanuts, preferably skinless
- Pine nuts
- Almonds, preferably skinless but almonds with skins will work
- Raw macadamia nuts
2 tsp. salt
- Mix nuts with salt and water and leave in a warm place for at least 7 hours or overnight.
- Drain in a colander and rinse with cool water. Spread on a stainless steel baking pan and place in a warm oven (no more than 150 degrees) for 12 to 24 hours, turning occasionally, until completely dry and crisp.
- Store in the refrigerator, as the fats in nuts can go rancid quickly.