Gluten-Free Cranberry Maple Pear Pie Recipe
Makes 4 servings | Gluten free
Recipe by Bea James
Pie crust ingredients
1 ½ cups Bob’s Red Mill® Gluten Free All Purpose Baking Flour
½ cup corn flour
¼ cup fine ground pecans
½ tsp. salt
¾ cup butter
1/3 cup plus 2 T. ice water
Pie filling ingredients
4 ½ tsp. cornstarch combined with 2 T. water
12 oz. cranberries
1 cup maple syrup
4 large Bartlet pears, peeled and sliced (slightly under ripe, not too soft, not too hard)
- Combine flours, pecans and salt.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles cornmeal.
- Add water and stir to make a dough.
- Divide dough in half.
- Roll out both halves on gluten-free floured surface (can use corn flour).
- Use one half to line a 9” pie shell; reserve the other half for the top.
- Cook berries in syrup until boiling.
- Add cornstarch mixture.
- Simmer until thick, 1-2 minutes; remove from heat and cool slightly, add pears.
- Pour filling into unbaked pie shell. Cover with remaining half of dough and crimp edges.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes, or until golden brown around edges.