Gluten-Free Pancake Recipe
Makes eight 4" pancakes (serving size: two pancakes) | Gluten free
4 eggs (room temperature)
¾ cup heavy cream or 1 cup coconut milk (full fat)
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 Tbsp maple syrup
1/4 c. coconut flour
1/4 c. almond flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
Coconut oil or butter for frying (optional if using a non-stick pan or griddle)
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs until frothy (about 2 minutes).
- Mix in milk, vanilla and maple syrup.
- In a medium bowl, combine the dry ingredients (coconut flour, almond flour, baking soda and salt).
- Stir the wet mixture into the dry and mix until it is smooth. Allow to sit for at least a few minutes while heating your pan.
- Preheat a pan over medium heat with butter or coconut oil. Scoop a dollup of batter onto the griddle, spreading the batter out to 2-3" in diameter. Cook for a few minutes until the top starts to dry out and the bottom is lightly brown, then flip the pancakes over and cook until golden brown.
- Serve hot with nut butter and a drizzle of real maple syrup.