Gluten-Free Pumpkin Pancakes
Makes 4 servings | Gluten free (dairy-free option)
3 eggs (room temp)
1/2 c heavy cream or 3/4 c full-fat coconut milk
1/4 c pumpkin purée
1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
2 tsp vanilla
1 Tbsp maple syrup
1/4 c coconut flour
1/4 c almond flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
Coconut oil or butter for frying
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs until frothy (about 2 minutes).
- Mix milk, pumpkin, spices, vanilla and maple syrup.
- In a medium bowl, combine dry ingredients. Stir the wet mixture into the dry and mix until smooth. Allow to sit for a few minutes.
- Preheat pan over medium heat, then add butter or coconut oil. Scoop a dollop of batter onto the griddle, spreading out to 2-3” in diameter. Cook for a few minutes until the top starts to dry out and then flip and cook until golden brown.
- Serve hot with nut butter and a drizzle of real maple syrup.