Healthy Mayo Recipe
Makes approximately ¾ cup, easily doubled to make more
- 1 large egg yolk at room temp
- ½ tsp. mustard, dry or prepared (optional)
- ½-1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¾ c. expeller-pressed oil
- White pepper to taste (optional)
- Beat egg yolk in a large bowl for 1 minute on low speed using a blender or hand-held egg beater until it is thick.
- Add the mustard, vinegar, and salt and beat for another 30 seconds.
- Slowly drizzle oil into the egg mixture with the blender/beater on high. This will take several minutes. Do not stop blending or beating until the mixture thickens.
- Taste your mayonnaise and season with extra salt, pepper and vinegar as desired.
- Store in a glass jar in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks.