Blueberry-Nut Freezer Bars Recipe
Makes 16 servings | Gluten free
3 Tbsp. butter (room temperature)
1 c. almond meal
½ c. coconut flour
2 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
1 c. raw cashews or macademia nuts
juice of ½ lime or lemon
¼ c. canned coconut milk
¼ c. pure maple syrup
¼ c. coconut oil (melted)
2 tsp. vanilla
1 c. blueberries
2/3 c. canned coconut milk
- Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly grease a 9x9" pan.
- Using a fork or pastry blender, mix butter and maple syrup into the flours until it forms small pieces. Mixture will be very crumbly.
- Press into the bottom of the pan. Bake for 5-7 minutes. Remove from oven and cool.
- Soak nuts in cool water for four hours. Drain well but do not dry.
- Place nuts in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped but not pureed.
- Add ingredients from Step 3 to the chopped nuts in the food processor, puree and pour over the crust.
- Place blueberries and coconut milk into the food processor and puree. Pour over the top of the bars.
- Freeze for two hours or more.
- Allow to thaw on the counter for 45 minutes before cutting. Store leftovers in the freezer.
Find this recipe, and a hundred more delicious ideas, in our cookbook The Weight & Wellness Way Cookbook & Nutrition Guide.